Papa Ola Lokahi (POL) has been designated a Census Information Center (CIC) by the U.S. Census Bureau. This CIC is the only one uniquely focused on collecting and sharing data on Native Hawaiians throughout Hawai‘i and throughout each state, Guam and American Samoa.
CICs are responsible to:
- Disseminate Census data
- Retrieve data from the Census Bureau website and other Census sources
- Provide education and training to underserved, hard-to-count communities
- Serve as a Census data repository
- Assist the Census Bureau in developing appropriate data tools
CICs promote the correct use of Census data used in research, planning, decision making. CICs are the bridge of communication to the Census Bureau in order to improve its mission of data collection and dissemination. CICs provide program and resource evaluations and annual reports documenting CIC activities.
The Census Bureau hosts the annual CIC training conference, and provides:
- Technical assistance
- Data tools
- Access to Census Bureau resources
- Support to the CIC Steering Committee
Contact (808) 597-6550